Mental Health and Well-being support
Educational Psychology Helpline: 0191 6438739
In response to the Covid-19 pandemic the Educational Psychology Service (EPS) is providing a helpline to school staff and the parents / carers of children / young people in your school community. The aim of the EPS helpline is to:
· Provide a listening service and reduce levels of anxiety
· Help callers to manage their worries or concerns
· Help parents / carers meet the emotional needs of their children
· Discuss perceived problems and support solution focused thinking
· Navigate through the wealth of resources and services out there, and signpost callers to the most appropriate place(s) for further support.
Barnardo's 'See Hear Respond' service
This service has been created to help children and young people in England who are experiencing harm and increased adversity during this period by providing support to those who are not being seen by social care or other key agencies.
See Hear Respond accept referrals from any source either through the Freephone number 0800 151 7015 and via the online referral hub (link below).
Every Mind Matters website
Most families have experienced upheaval in their daily lives during the pandemic. With children and young people now back at school or college, the new Public Health England (PHE) Better Health – Every Mind Matters campaign provides NHS-endorsed tips and advice to help children and young people’s mental wellbeing, and equip parents and carers with the knowledge to support them.